U N A V C O , A N O N - P R O F I T U N I V E R S I T Y - G O V E R N E D C O N S O R T I U M , F A C I L I T A T E S G E O S C I E N C E R E S E A R C H A N D E D U C A T I O N U S I N G G E O D E S Y.
UNAVCO promotes research by providing access to data that our community of geodetic scientists uses for quantifying the motions of rock, ice and water that are monitored by a variety of sensor types at or near the Earth's surface. After processing, these data enable millimeter-scale surface motion detection and monitoring at discrete points, and high-resolution strain imagery over areas of tens of square meters to hundreds of square kilometers. The data types include GPS/GNSS, imaging data such as from SAR and TLS, strain and seismic borehole data, and meteorological data. Most of these can be accessed via web services. In addition, GPS/GNSS datasets, TLS datasets, and InSAR products are assigned digital object identifiers.
Do you need help with any of the data topics listed here?
- Request Support for:
- Data Archiving of community GPS/GNSS data and data products (GPS time series and velocities), high-rate (1-Hz and higher rates) GPS data (upon request), SAR data, TLS data, and related metadata for long-term secure storage and retrieval. UNAVCO primarily stores high-precision geodetic data for research purposes, collected under projects sponsored by NSF and NASA. See Submission of Data.
- GPS/GNSS Data Processing Service of high-precision GPS/GNSS site data, utilizing the existing GAGE processing infrastructure.
- Custom Data Request of short-term high-rate GPS/GNSS, borehole strain or seismic, or surface laser strain data acquisition for
- Email rtgpsunavco.org to request an account to access real-time GPS/GNSS data.
- Email archive-gpsunavco.org for all questions regarding GPS/GNSS data archiving.
- For all questions regarding archiving or SAR, TLS, borehore strain, seismic, or tilt data, see Help with Data for specific email addresses.
- Email dataunavco.org for other quick questions or if you cannot find what you need in the data topics covered below.
- Subscribe to the unav-data announcements email list.
GPS/GNSS data refer to raw measurements of GPS/GNSS signals logged by receivers at survey points, processed results of the raw measurements such as geodetic positions of survey points, or geologic velocities of those points.
Geodetic imaging uses radar and laser data for tracking centimeter-scale motions at the Earth's surface over several square meters to hundreds of square kilometers.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Data, such as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR), can be used to model millimeter-to-centimeter level displacements in the Earth's surface over scales of tens to hundreds of kilometers.
- Terrestrial Laser Scanning (TLS) Data are obtained from ground-based LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) instruments that provide 3-D point measurements with millimeter-to-centimeter precision over scales of tens of meters to kilometers.
Strainmeters and seismometers record transient deformation signals with periods of milliseconds to months. Borehole data — strain, seismic, tilt, and pore pressure — yield information about the physical properties of the rock surrounding the borehole.
- Borehole Seismic data are collected by short-period, deep-borehole seismometers, most of which are co-located with borehole strainmeters.
- Borehole Pore Pressure data at a 1-Hz sampling rate is available in ASCII-format files; there are no processed data products because the raw data can be used by users without modification.
- Borehole Tilt data are collected by shallow-borehole tiltmeters, co-located with GPS or borehole strainmeter and seismic stations.
Tropospheric data are collected along with GPS/GNSS and other forms of geophysical data to enhance the datasets, contribute to network monitoring information, and provide additional information for interpretation of deformation signals.
UNAVCO is working to provide unified access to our data using Web Services based on consistent interfaces and best practices. Some of these web services now include:
UNAVCO has implemented a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) assignment mechanism, currently for GPS/GNSS data and will be expanded for other data types.
Last modified: Wednesday, 29-Jun-2016 18:32:23 UTC