Monday, November 16, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM MDT
This webinar was recorded and can be accessed here.
This short panel discussion includes caregivers from academic administration, the National Science Foundation (NSF), UNAVCO, and IRIS sharing their personal experiences and practical resources for managing work and caregiving. It will hopefully provide some comic relief, a support network, and specific sources of assistance including universities, NSF and the GAGE and SAGE facilities.
The panel will be moderated by Drs. Becks Bendick and Bob Woodward (respective Presidents of UNAVCO and IRIS). Panelists include Dr. Margaret Benoit (NSF), Dr. Wendy Bohon (IRIS), Dr. Pam Jansma (Univ. Colorado), and Dr. Dave Mencin (UNAVCO).
The goals of this 1.5 hour panel discussion include:
- Connect the academic community who are juggling personal caregiving with scientific research and academic duties,
- Provide an overview of resources available to be leveraged, and
- Foster a community network.
- Introduction and overview
- Panel: views from the NSF, UNAVCO, academia, IRIS
- Breakout Discussion: make connections, identify needs
- Report out and next steps