2016 UNAVCO Science Workshop - EnGAGE Interactive Space
All week - Tuesday, March 29 - Thursday, March 31 noon
The EnGAGE Interactive Space will showcase hands-on learning demonstrations, new geodetic instruments, and community & UNAVCO web tools concurrent with the poster sessions throughout the week.
Come join in on the fun and share your hands-on demos, instruments and tools.
By March 1, please send Shelley Olds (olds
unavco.org) an email with this information:
- Title and brief description of your hands-on demonstration/ geodetic instrument/ model/ web tool
- Floor-space needed, and
- Whether a table, monitor, &/or power is needed.
You will be expected to staff your demonstration at least one evening so you can talk about how you use the demonstration in your courses or events. We will notify you by March 15 if we can accommodate all requests.
So far, the space will feature these demonstrations:
- Get your hands on the new Septentrio GNSS PolaRx5 receiver
- Visualize glacial isostacy using "flubber”
- Participate in a demonstration of terrestrial radar
- Explore topography in the virtual reality sandbox
- Check out the newest terrestrial laser scanner (TLS) to join the UNAVCO TLS pool
- Place instruments in the deformation terrarium