Instrument/Equipment Repair is limited to modern Trimble GPS/GNSS and Vaisala meteorological units owned by UNAVCO community members. UNAVCO provides GPS receiver repair services to help UNAVCO Members control costs and expedite repairs. This service is initiated by completing the web-based form linked below, where failure symptoms may be described and an RMA number issued. Repair technician time is provided for free by UNAVCO and parts required for out of warranty repairs are typically provided at a discount.
- We ask that you complete the Equipment Repair Request Form prior to sending any equipment for repairs. While you may send multiple receivers in a single shipment, please complete one form and use a separate RMA number for each GPS receiver. Be as detailed as you can in describing the problem. Please mark the issued RMA number(s) on the outside of your shipping carton.
- Please DO NOT send auxiliary equipment such as antenna, cables, power supplies, and pelican cases etc. unless you believe it to be part of your equipment problem.
- Be sure to indicate if you want UNAVCO to download or to attempt to recover any data from your failed receiver. We suggest that whenever possible you download and save any data prior to sending a unit in for repair. If you do not indicate this on the form, no attempt will be made to save your data!
- You will be updated on the status of your repair via the email address you provide (in ~1 week). Please e-mail repairsunavco.org for more information.
- Please be sure and record the RMA # for each submission - the issued number is how all repairs are tracked and should be used for all inquiries about your repair.
Request Support for pertinent instrument/equipment repairs — UNAVCO community members only..
Last modified: Sunday, 11-May-2014 17:58:25 UTC