Tutorials and Handouts
This page is under construction
Exploring glaciers with flubber: Fun and hands-on inquiry-based model! Step by step instructions how to make flubber and explore isostatic rebound of glaciers from Polenet [same instructions as a pdf]; accomanying presentation focusing on mid-continent rebound [pptx]
Train the Trainer Handouts
Global Positioning System (GPS) Tutorials
General GPS Education Handouts
- How does GPS Work? - Handout [pdf]
- Locating Position Using GPS - Handout [pdf]
- Using GPS to Study Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanoes - Handout [pdf]: A two-page PDF overview of how researchers use GPS to learn more about our dynamic Earth. This document was developed by Jessica Murray and Becca Walker for K-12 teachers.
- Using Excel to make a plot from data (Earth Exploration Toolbook Chapterl) (Tutorial/Activity)
- Learn about Plate Tectonics Google Earth KMZ: GPS velocity vectors, earthquake locations, volcano locations, plate boundaries, LiDAR, age of the ocean floor, and more!
- Northern California PBO Installation [PPT]
Princeton High School Earth Science teacher, TJ Pray, shares his PBO installation experience in a powerpoint presentation for his students.
- Websites to Explore - Handout [pdf]
- Sources of Earth Science Data to explore and download - Handout [pdf]
Active Earth Monitor
GPS Undergraduate Courses Taught by the UNAVCO Community
Principles of the Global Positioning Systems [12.540]: Thomas Herring, MIT
Introduction to GNSS - Global Navigation Satellite Systems [ASEN 5090]: Penina Alexelrad, University of Colorado
GNSS Software and Applications [ASEN 6090]: Kristine Larson, University of Colorado
Last modified: Wednesday, 14-Sep-2016 22:27:28 UTC