U N A V C O , A N O N - P R O F I T U N I V E R S I T Y - G O V E R N E D C O N S O R T I U M , F A C I L I T A T E S G E O S C I E N C E R E S E A R C H A N D E D U C A T I O N U S I N G G E O D E S Y.
Are you a student looking for a learning opportunity? Are you an early career professional and want to connect into the geodetic community? Are you writing your Broader Impacts section of your proposal and want to leverage your ideas? UNAVCO collaborates with scientific and educational partners to prepare the next generation of Earth science students.
Do you need help with proposal guidance for Broader Impacts or other education topics listed here, including student mentoring, geodetic-focused field education, or help with educational materials?
- Request Support for:
- Broader Impacts section of proposals submitted by community PIs — guidance to PIs with proposal planning and budgeting for broader impacts.
- Geodetic-focused Field Education led by UNAVCO community members — assistance with scientific and pedagogical review of field education materials.
- Student Mentoring — best practices and guidance to help mentor undergraduates in conducting research.
- Educational Materials from UNAVCO community members — assistance with materials review and dissemination.
- Communicating — dissemination of geodesy education and research..
- Email educationunavco.org for quick questions or if you cannot find what you need in the education topics covered below.
There are many opportunities for students.
- RESESS is a paid undergraduate research internship, learning community, and mentoring program. Students can participate for up to three summers. Application to the RESESS program is the first step to the student internship. Please check the RESESS website for the application deadline.
- Geo-LAUNCHPAD is a paid summer internship for community college students and first and second year undergraduate students.
- UNAVCO Internships offer graduate and upper-level undergraduate students the opportunity to learn various aspects of geodesy research and education.
- Other REU and internship opportunities [PDF] Are you looking for geoscience research internship opportunities? Take a look at this (non-inclusive) list of opportunities to see what else is out there!
Improve your geodetic skills to learn more about geodesy, the applications of geodesy, and Earth Science.
- Early Career Professionals: UNAVCO is helping early career professionals successfully navigate the transition from student to professional.
- Short Courses are geared for researchers, early-career scientists, graduate students, and upper-level undergraduates, covering many applications of geodetic technologies.
- Educational Workshops are for college and secondary education faculty to integrate new content into their teaching.
Looking for resources that use data and modern teaching techniques to use in your teaching or after-school program? Do you want to explore your world?
- Data for Educators provides a map with links to interesting hi-precision GPS data, visualization tools, educational materials which incorporate this data.
- Educational Resources include activities and lab exercises for secondary education (grades 6 - 12) and undergraduate courses.
Last modified: Thursday, 26-Mar-2015 23:19:12 UTC