The 2016 UNAVCO Science Workshop will be held at the Omni Interlocken Hotel in Broomfield, Colorado, beginning on Tuesday, March 29 and ending at 12:00pm on Thursday, March 31.
MAX POSTER SIZE - 4' X 4' - LANDSCAPE - PINS WILL BE PROVIDED
Geodesy is fueling discoveries in increasingly diverse disciplines as recent key findings span the Earth’s cryosphere, lithosphere, hydrosphere, ionosphere, and atmosphere. At the 2016 UNAVCO Science Workshop, we will explore how geodesy is enabling researchers to quantify processes that connect these spheres and tackle grand challenges in Earth Science. Highlights include a keynote presentation, by MIT Professor, Vice President for Research, and Solar System geodesist Maria Zuber, an evening Ignite! UNAVCO session that tasks young researchers with envisioning the future of geodesy, demonstrations of emerging tools and technologies, and a field trip to experience a charismatic chapter of Earth history (dinosaurs!). During the meeting, several talks will highlight UNAVCO education and outreach endeavors, and there will also be an opportunity for attendees to mentor student and early career geodesists by participating in our Expanding Networks through Mentoring (ENET) Program.
Please join us and see what’s next!
Five Plenary Sessions will be organized around the following crosscutting themes:
Chair: John Braun (UCAR); Co-Chair: Henry Berglund (UNAVCO)
Chair: Tonie van Dam (University of Luxembourg); Co-Chair: Joe Pettit (UNAVCO)
Chair: Shimon Wdowinski (University of Miami, RSMAS); Co-Chair: Chuck Meertens (UNAVCO)
- LITHO - DEEP
Chair: Thorsten Becker (Universtiy of Southern California); Co-Chairs: Bridget Smith-Konter (University of Hawaii), Christine Puskas (UNAVCO)
- LITHO - SHALLOW
Chair: Susan Owen (Jet Propulsion Laboratory); Co-Chair: David Mencin (UNAVCO)
Get Involved - Other Activities during the Science Workshop
- All week - Tuesday, March 29 - Thursday, March 31 noon
- UNAVCO Mentoring Program: Expanding Networks through Mentoring (E-NET);
- Share your poster: Poster Size is a maximum of 4' x 4'
- EnGAGE Interactive Space;
- Monday, March 28, 8:00 - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 29, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- Keynote presentation, by MIT Professor, Vice President for Research, and Solar System geodesist Maria Zuber titled Adventures in Planetary Gravity.
- Wednesday, March 30, Lunchtime
- Wednesday, March 30, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- CLOSED - Open Source ALS and MLS Processing Tools Short Course; Learn more
- CLOSED - Geodesy Data Teaching Modules: GETSI Short Course; Learn more
- Field Trips; Learn more
- Wednesday, March 30, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Ignite UNAVCO Session, Sponsored by Septentrio; Learn more
- Thursday, March 31, Lunchtime
- Thursday, March, 31, 2016, 1:00pm - 5:00pm