U N A V C O , A N O N - P R O F I T U N I V E R S I T Y - G O V E R N E D C O N S O R T I U M , F A C I L I T A T E S G E O S C I E N C E R E S E A R C H A N D E D U C A T I O N U S I N G G E O D E S Y.
UNAVCO fosters communication for and by scientists and educators throughout its membership who are affiliated with member universities and other scientific institutions, has funding sponsors, and is run through a governance structure. UNAVCO hosts meetings and events for its members, and encourages the community to join the discussion through our email lists, discussion forums, and other social media interactions. UNAVCO publishes a variety of publications, proposals, and reports for use by scientists and educators affiliated with its member institutions.
Do you need help with any of the community topics listed here?
- Sponsors — Do you want to know more about our sponsorship?
- Membership — Apply to become a UNAVCO member. Or do you have a question about membership?
- Goverance — Do you have a question or concern about UNAVCO governance?
- Meetings and Workshops — Do you have an idea for a meeting or workshop of interest to the geodetic community? A question about an upcoming meeting or workshop?
- Community Mail Lists — Do you have an email that should go out to the UNAVCO community but you are uncertain which community email list to use?
- Email communityunavco.org for quick questions or if you cannot find what you need in the community topics covered below.
UNAVCO's core sponsors are the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
UNAVCO consortium members are educational or nonprofit institutions chartered in the United States (US) or its Territories that are willing to make a clear and continuing commitment to active participation in the activities of the organization.
- Members Map & Institutions provides a map showing all the locations of UNAVCO Members and Associate Members and a listing of each institution name, member representative name, and representative's email address.
- Members Listing provides a listing of the institution name, member representative name, and representative's email address.
UNAVCO members provide governance for the organization. Representatives of Member institutions serve on the board of directors and on governing committees. In addition, our Strategic Plan - Positioning UNAVCO 2011-2015 provides a foundation for an implementation plan that will detail actions, time lines, and specific metrics, and will be undertaken through UNAVCO governance, by the investigator community, and by UNAVCO staff.
- Bylaws [PDF] includes information about UNAVCO, its Member Institutions, Representatives, and Meetings; Committees, the Board of Directors and their Meetings, Officers and other governance bylaws.
- Board of Directors provides a list and contact information for the current members of the UNAVCO Board of Directors.
- Committees includes the current and past members of the standing and advisory committees, their contact information, and term, committee charters and reports.
- Officers provides a list and contact information for the current officers of UNAVCO.
- President's page include a message from the UNAVCO president and biography.
Meetings and events includes the UNAVCO and Community Events Calendar, upcoming board meetings, short courses, and other meetings and events convened or co-convened by UNAVCO which are open to its members. Community events are external to UNAVCO and are shown as reminders.
Consult event organizers for most up to date information. Listing of previous years' meetings and events are also available.
UNAVCO publishes research plans, proposals, reports, and related documents such as the Strategic Plan for 2009-2013.
- Strategic Plan - Positioning UNAVCO 2011-2015 provides a foundation for an implementation plan that will detail actions, time lines, and specific metrics, and will be undertaken through UNAVCO governance, by the investigator community, and by UNAVCO staff.
- Proposals provides links to the narrative of funded proposals.
- Reports to Sponsors include current and past reports to its sponsors as part of its responsibilities for continued funding.
- Meeting & Event Publications include presentations, publications, and posters from UNAVCO workshops, and other community meetings such as AGU's Fall Meeting.
Policies and procedures that govern UNAVCO, such as governance and data use and acknowledgment, as well as those for advancing community proposals for workshops, equipment, or science collaboration, and forms for participating in community events, review disclosures, and receiving reimbursements.
Learn from your peers, add your thoughts, and keep up with the UNAVCO community through community mailing lists, discussion forums, and social media.
Last modified: Thursday, 05-Mar-2015 21:36:53 UTC